Thursday, December 16, 2010

Tinkering School.


I like the way he lets them be free to do what they want to do. Putting all that trust in these kids is a huge step in education. Having no tests would make an incredible difference, I think, on the children’s education. You would have less expectations and zero limits. These kids are figuring things out on their own, and there are never moments when they did “something wrong”, because it is all their own. I love that they are all able to do things their own way, with the help of friends. It seems like a very nice environment to learn in. I know I would prefer to be in an environment where I could explore new things without any limits. I know I would not be the way I am now. I wouldn't be afraid of everything, or trying new things.
            I think this would have a huge impact on today’s education because it is nice to learn things on your own or with friends. I think children would really expand in the way they learn, because in this school, they’re never wrong so they are not afraid to try new things. I think we respond to failure in a very negative way now days. If you mess up, it is considered failure when it should be recognized as progress. You should learn from your mistakes, not be shut down. It causes us to be afraid to try again, and that is not the way it is supposed to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment